The academic calendar for the academic year 2018-2019 is : not known yet*.
*Academic calendars are put on our website as soon as they are known. If the specific information is not present yet, you will find some useful general information below.
General Academic Calendar
Time Period of Semesters
• Fall Semester: from the beginning of September to the third week of January • Winter Semester: from the end of January to the end of June.
Dates of Exams
• Fall Semester:
- 1st year: during January. - 2nd year: during January.
- 3rd year: during January. - 4th year: end of December.
- 5th year: during January.
• Winter Semester:
- 1st year: during June. - 2nd year: during May.
- 3rd year: during June. - 4th year - Project defense: the last week of June/beginning of July.
- 5th year: internship defense: the third week of June or the end of August.
Internship usually ends at the end of June or at the end of August.
Teaching schedule interruptions
Academic Calendar (“Zone A”)*
All Saints Holidays
1 week off End of October – Beginning of November
2 weeks off Beginning: between December 19/22th, End: January 2nd/5th
1 week off In February or first week of March
1 week off In April
*For those holidays, France is divided into 3 zones. Esisar is part of zone A.
Official French Bank Holidays:
All Saints Day: November, 1st.
End of First World War (“Armistice 1918”): November, 11th.
Christmas: December, 25th, 2014.
New Year: January, 1st.
Easter: the following Monday.
Labor Day: May, 1st.
End of Second World War (“Armistice 1945”): May, 8th.
Ascension Day: always a Thursday, 40 days from Easter. The following Friday is always off at Esisar.
Pentecost: 50 days from Easter. The following Monday is always off at Esisar.
Incoming Freshman Week
Your stay in Valence begins with a welcoming Freshman week in September: parties, games and activities such as canoeing are lined up and waiting for you. For any details, see Esisar’s student union, called the “Cercle” in French: