Number of hours
- Lectures 12.0
- Projects -
- Tutorials -
- Internship -
- Laboratory works 15.0
- Written tests -
This course is an introduction to Real Time kernels. At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- understand the main tools of a RT kernel and use them efficiently;
- design a real time application using to the best the capabilities of a RT kernel.
1. Introduction to time constraints and basic definitions.
2. Architecture and functioning of a real time kernel (tasks, interrupts...)
3. Mutual exclusion: mutex, semaphores, priority inversion (priority inheritance protocols, ceiling priority protocol)
4. Task synchronisation and communication in a real time kernel.
5. Introduction to real time scheduling.
6. Memory management within a real time executive.
7. UML for designing real-time applications
- Operating System basics
- Linux system programming (processes, signals, pipes, IPC)
- C programming language
- Computer architecture basics (interrupt handling, timer...)
E1: first session exam mark: 1h30, open book, authorized calculator
TP: lab mark
E2: second session exam mark: 1h30, open book, authorized calculator
The course exists in the following branches:
- Curriculum - EIS (Apprenticeship) - App - Semester 8